We told you about California’s Gun-megeddon back in April. On June 30, it came to fruition with the state assembly passing 12 pieces of anti-gun legislation.
On to the governor
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
Firearms Policy reported the bills as:
- SB 880 (Hall): Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
- SB 894 (Jackson): Re-victimizes victims by criminalizing the failure to report lost and stolen firearms.
- SB 1235 (de Leon): Now competes with Gavin Newsom’s Safety for All Act/Ammo Ban.
- SB 1446 (Hancock): Confiscation of lawfully acquired, standard capacity ammunition feeding devices.
- AB 156 (McCarty): Forced ammunition registration.
- AB 857 (Cooper): Forced “Ghost Gun” registration.
- AB 1511 (Santiago): Bans the loaning of firearms.
- AB 1664 (Levine): Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
- AB 1673 (Gipson): Redefines “firearms” to include items that are not firearms.
- AB 1674 (Santiago): Bans buying more than one firearm within a 30-day period.
- AB 1695 (Bonta): Makes some non-violent misdemeanors punishable by prohibitions on owning firearms.
- AB 2607 (Ting): Dramatically expands who can request a Gun Violence Restraining order.
The slate of bills has been forwarded to Governor Jerry Brown for signature. Several campaigns have been launched to request that he veto the bills, but it is highly unlikely he will do so.
SB 1446 demands confiscation of any large capacity magazine. If someone who possesses one does not turn it in within a designated period of time, they can be arrested and fined. There are a few exceptions to the rule, but in general if you have one, you’re in trouble.
SB 1235 allows you to buy ammunition ONLY if you have authorization from the DOJ. It is predicated upon a referendum called “Safety for All 2016” to be presented to California voters in November of 2016.
AB 2607 authorizes “an employer, a coworker, a mental health worker who has seen the person as a patient in the last 6 months, or an employee of a secondary or postsecondary school that the person has attended in the last 6 months to file a petition for an ex parte, one-year, or renewed gun violence restraining order.”
Deliberately violating the Constitution
The assembly also completely deleted ALL references to the Constitution that were present in the law [AB 2607].
Whether you call it “guncopalypse” or “gun-megeddon,” the fact is that California has now stepped into territory that will assuredly end up at the Supreme Court. The issue with that will depend upon when, and the makeup of the court at the time.
Your right to keep and bear arms is in extreme jeopardy. The sad part is that none of these restrictive laws would have stopped San Bernardino, or any other mass shootings.
- DHS Jeh Johnson Proclaimed Gun Control on Tap – DHS will assist in passing Laws! Patriots this is war! What say you?
- UCLA Shooting – What it says about Gun Control
- Video- In the Wake of the San Bernardino Shooting, Barbara Boxer Claims California Gun Laws Work
- New Gun laws take effect in Texas, California on Jan 1