In Britain, you can go to prison for over a year if you say anything against Islam. And it can happen swiftly. Too swiftly. Consider the case of citizen journalist Tommy Robinson, whom the authorities consider a nuisance.
The Gatestone Institute reported,
- The swiftness with which injustice was meted out to Tommy Robinson is stunning. No, more than that: it is terrifying.
- Without having access to his own lawyer, Robinson was summarily tried and sentenced to 13 months behind bars. He was then transported to Hull Prison.
- Meanwhile, the judge who sentenced Robinson also ordered British media not to report on his case. Newspapers that had already posted reports of his arrest quickly took them down. All this happened on the same day.
- In Britain, rapists enjoy the right to a full and fair trial, the right to the legal representation of their choice, the right to have sufficient time to prepare their cases, and the right to go home on bail between sessions of their trial. No such rights were offered, however, to Tommy Robinson.
It’s hard to comprehend how England has turned so dark so fast. I visited in 1970 and it still had a vestige of Democracy and was proud of it. That is no longer the case since the advent of Sharia courts, and “hate speech laws” that punish those who love their nation and are treated as the enemy rather than the ordinary citizen.
On Friday- yes just the 25th- Tommy Robinson, a citizen journalist, was livestreaming a video on the street in front of the courthouse in Leeds where a Muslim gang that had been allegedly grooming rape victims was being tried. Suddenly, police yanked him off the street, immediately dragged him before a judge, and didn’t even allow him an attorney. The judge issued a demand that no British media report on the arrests, and sentenced him to 13 months in prison. He was immediately hauled off to Hull prison. In one day. The very definition of a “kangaroo court.”
All of that happened the same day as his arrest. No “due process.” No attorney. No defense whatsoever. About 10,000 Facebook users watched his arrest live as it was occurring.
Angry crowds gathered in London, and demanded Tommy Robinson be freed.
Here is one citizen’s remarks on the incident:
In March, Muslims rioted when Tommy Robinson spoke at “Speaker’s Corner” which was set up as a “free speech” zone. The authorities view Tommy Robinson as a provocateur, much like the authorities view people like Ben Shapiro or Milo Yiannopolous here. But the laws here are different than they are in Britain. The UK has seemingly gone full on tyrannical. Again.
The Muslims assaulted people with weapons back in March, as you can see here:
Will this incident lead to change in the UK? Or will blood be spilled in the process?
- Brits Riot in London As Journalist Tommy Robinson Jailed: Government Imposes…
- Video of the Day: Lauren Southern discusses her arrest by British…
- Conservative YouTuber Lauren Southern detained, banned from UK for alleged ‘racism’
So if you appreciate the kind of hard-hitting Conservative news you probably won’t see anywhere else, please visit our Patreon page here and become a patron, and be sure to spread the word.