Blog claims next Wikileaks release will lead to arrest of Hillary Clinton, but video is three months old
While speaking with a Russia Today reporter in London, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange said the next leak of emails will lead to the arrest of Democrat Hillary Clinton, a post at the popular Gateway Pundit said Friday.
Jim Hoft’s report came on the same day the FBI announced that it was reopening the investigation into Clinton’s private email server, no doubt leading many to believe that Clinton is set to be hit with a “two-fer.”
The report included a video that was posted to YouTube on Friday, giving the impression the news is “breaking.”
But a quick Google search finds that the video report was posted to the site in July. You can see that report below:
The YouTube page clearly shows the report was first posted some three months ago:
Here’s the YouTube page of the video referenced by Hoft:
Here’s the video Hoft included in his report:
When you watch and compare the two, you will see they are the exact same report, with the only difference being the background used in the newer video.
It seems Hoft’s “breaking” news report, which was referenced by Sean Hannity on his Friday radio program, is actually three months old.
It should also be noted that this video report was covered by a blog post at Freedom Outpost in July, something that was easily found.
Nevertheless, there’s still some interesting points one can make.
- According to Assange, there’s no proof that the emails already released came from Russian sources as Clinton and the Democrats maintain.
- The DNC servers, he reportedly said, were “ripe” for hacking.
- Maybe, the RT reporter added, Assange said the hacker might step forward, leaving egg on a number of faces.
Nobody wants Hillary Clinton brought to justice more than I, but this “breaking” report is a prime example of sloppy journalism. It took us all of five seconds to discover the older video. This, by the way, is the kind of incident that paints the entire conservative blogosphere in a bad light.
Moral of the story: Double check your claim before posting it on the Internet, especially when it involves the potential arrest of a presidential candidate.
- Historic: Dems nominate most evil person to run for President
- Lawless: Hillary Clinton to use illegal aliens to register voters
- Report: Pentagon sources say Hillary should be arrested for revealing nuclear response times
- Report: Hillary had racist, violent meltdown after Commander-in-Chief forum — Video
- War? Obama regime considering cyber attack on Russia over alleged hacking
If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: