Joe Biden’s disastrous economy is pushing more and more seniors into poverty, even as poverty rates among other groups is falling.
The information comes from the latest Census Bureau data according to Market Watch.
That means more than one million seniors have slipped below the poverty level. Biden’s failed policies, more people are below the poverty line rose to 10.3% in 2021, up from 8.9% in 2020.
The increase means that an additional 1 million older adults have fallen below the poverty threshold, bringing the total number of seniors in that unfortunate category to nearly 6 million, according to an analysis by the National Council on Aging (NCOA).
“We are deeply dismayed,” says Ramsey Alwin, NCOA’s president and CEO, in a statement. “This increase shines a glaring spotlight on the fact that Social Security and Medicare, the bedrock of retirement security for so many, are not sufficient to lift all older adults above poverty.”
Also dismayed—but not surprised—is Mary Johnson of the Senior Citizens League, a Washington-based advocacy group. “The Census Bureau report confirms what we have been fearing,” she tells MarketWatch. “Our surveys in 2021 and 2022 have indicated that a rising number of retirees report that they have spent through emergency savings and have applied for safety net programs. In fact, the number of survey participants who say they have applied for SNAP or visited a food pantry over the past 12 months is 33% compared to 22% a year ago. The number who say they have applied for rental assistance has almost doubled, from 5% in 2021 to 9% in 2022. Those who have applied for heating assistance up from 10% to 17%.”
Biden is literally killing old people.
Will Donald Trump win the 2024 election?
Cross-posted with iPatriot
- Reality-Denier Stacey Abrams: Killing Your Baby Best Way To Deal With Bidenflation (Video)
- Bidenflation Here to Stay: Markets Drop
- Millions Of Americans Skipping Thanksgiving Dinner Thanks To Biden’s Inflation
- Biden Starving America Since 2020: One in Five Americans Forced to Skip Meals Thanks to Bidenflation
- Fundamental Transformation: In Biden’s America, 48% of Families Can’t Afford Basic Food
- Poll Says Three in 10 Americans Missing Meals Because of Biden’s Inflation
- Study Shows Biden Presidency Has Cost The Average American $4,200 In Income
- Biden Now Set to Ruin Halloween: Companies Warn of Candy Shortage for Trick-Or-Treating
- Face it: Joe Biden HATES You And Wants You To SUFFER!
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, SocialCross, Speak Your Mind Here, and Gab. You can also follow us on Truth Social here, Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.