But the management of Oakwood Apartments in Castle Rock, Colo., said, essentially, to heck with the Constitution and those things called enumerated rights.
According to Examiner:
Residents of Oakwood Apartments in Castle Rock, Colo., were recently told they had to give up their guns by Oct. 1 or leave the apartment complex, The Blaze reported Wednesday, citing a report at KUSA.
One person impacted is a 77-year-old man who served his country in the United States Marine Corps protecting our freedom. But the complex said his freedoms don’t matter:
The news did not sit well with Art Dorsch, a 77-year-old retired Marine Corps veteran.
“I’m a hunter. I’m a licensed conceal and carry person,” he said.
Worse yet, Dorsch lives on a fixed income and could be homeless if he refuses to give up his guns.
This is just the latest assault on our individual freedoms. What if this complex decided it didn’t want people to speak ill of Obama? Or didn’t want people who support the Tea Party?
What’s next, and how much of this trash are we willing to put up with? The people who do this would have no problem stripping you of ALL of your rights. Then what are ya gonna do?
More here — you’ve got to read the whole thing…
Video report from KUSA:
- Colorado apartment complex demands tenants give up guns or leave
- Colorado Dem. says number of magazines will decrease as bullets are used up
- Colorado Dem: Vets should not have magazines because ‘some’ are mentally ill
- Colorado Dem. mocks senior citizen at gun control forum over self defense
- Gun rights advocate: Obama said people shouldn’t be able to own guns
- Democratic lawmaker: Obama must ‘exploit’ murdered children to get gun control
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to America: Turn in your guns
- Meet six people who would not be alive if liberals had their way on guns
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead
- Democratic Party leader: Call to shoot NRA members not a death threat
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- ‘Let’s Roll 2013’ to stage nationwide protests on Constitution Day
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events