On Monday, thousands of protesters gathered in MacArthur Park to protest Donald Trump while advocating for various liberal causes. One protester was arrested on suspicion of arson after he was seen burning a U.S. flag, the Los Angeles Times reported.
“The person was escorted off by LAPD officers as groups of demonstrators crowded the area,” the Times added.
Here’s video, posted to Twitter. Notice the Soviet flag carried by another protester:
One person noted:
As we said before, the charge was suspicion of arson…
Here’s another video:
— Claudia Peschiutta (@ReporterClaudia) May 1, 2017
And one more video:
— 🦋 (@JllX) May 1, 2017
In coming together, organizers and participants said the march was one of unity and resistance to the current Trump administration and what they believed has been efforts to weaken basic rights and freedoms to most Americans since the president took office.
At least two other separate marches were also taking place in Los Angeles. Under the banner “Full Rights for Immigrants,” a procession went from Olympic Boulevard and Broadway to Broadway between First and Second streets.
Another march launched out of Boyle Heights in the afternoon, beginning at Cesar Chavez Avenue and Evergreen Street and ending at Mariachi Plaza at First and Boyle streets.
— Kate Mather (@katemather) May 1, 2017
- Chaos, arrests in Portland after May Day march turns into fiery riot
- Antifa thugs seek firearms, combat training after Berkeley standoff
- Antifa thug arrested seconds after assaulting Trump supporter — Video
- Violent Antifa thugs hammered when fight breaks out at Huntington Beach MAGA rally
- Expert on liberal organizing warns: Violent Antifa could morph into death squads
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: