Kaine called out…
First came two of the more high profile Catholic Archbishops calling out just how phony Tim Kaine is regarding his claim to be such a “devout” Catholic, now another powerful Catholic cleric has added his voice.
As reported by Claire Chretien of the pro-life news portal LifeSiteNews.com, Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City, Kansas “lambasted Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine for supporting abortion on demand while simultaneously touting his Catholic faith.”
His Excellency took to his diocesan newspaper, The Leaven, and proceeded to deconstruct Kaine’s vapid and shallow description of himself as a “devout” Catholic.
In a blistering critique, the archbishop raised both theological and secular points against Kaine’s assertion that any given faithful Protestant, Jew or even an honest atheist would agree with.
Perhaps boiling the entire article to its basic core, Abp. Naumann essentially stated that Kaine is an “orthodox” Democrat but only a “cafeteria Catholic” who picks and chooses “the teachings of the Catholic Church that are politically convenient.”
“Be wary of candidates who assume to take upon themselves the role of defining what Catholics believe or should believe,” Naumann concluded. “Unfortunately, the vice presidential debate revealed that the Catholic running for the second highest office in our land is an orthodox member of his party, fulling embracing his party’s platform, but a cafeteria Catholic, picking and choosing the teachings of the Catholic Church that are politically convenient.”
Picking up where Philadephia’s Abp. Chaput, and Denver’s Abp. Aquila left off, just a few of the many thought provoking (if not blatantly brilliant) points brought up by the Jayhawker State cleric include:
“He said all the usual made-for-modern-media sound bites: It is not proper to impose his religious beliefs upon all Americans. He trusts women to make good reproductive choices,” Naumann wrote. “And when all else fails, there is always: Do we really want to criminalize and fill our jails with post-abortive women?”
Naumann brought to the faithful’s attention that Kaine “appears to have no qualms with his public position conforming with his religious beliefs” on the Church’s treatment of the poor and opposition to racism. “He appears not to be conflicted with our public policies mirroring the Ten Commandments with regard to stealing, perjury, or forms of murder, other than abortion.”
“It is ironic that Senator Kaine expressed such profound concern about imposing his religious beliefs on others, while supporting efforts:
1) to coerce the Little Sisters of the Poor and other faith-based ministries to violate their conscience by including abortifacients, contraceptives and sterilizations in their employee health plans.
2) to put small business owners (e.g., florists, bakers, photographers, etc.) out of business with crippling fines if they decline to participate in same-sex marriage ceremonies.
3) to force every American taxpayer to help fund abortion.”
Perhaps best destroying the liberal straw man argument that those opposed to legalized abortion want to jail women who have undergone that particular procedure, Chretien also noted;
Kaine’s claim that post-abortive women will be jailed if abortion is outlawed are demonstrably false, Naumann argued, because “we actually have decades of legal history in our own country when this was certainly not the case.”
- Catholic Archbishops of Philly, Denver Tell the Truth of Clinton, Democrats
- Wikileaks: Podesta, left-wing activist plot ‘Catholic Spring’
- Wikileaks: Team Clinton Attacks ‘Backward’ Catholics, Evangelicals
- Flashback: Hillary demands Americans change religious beliefs to suit her
- Historic: Dems nominate most evil person to run for President
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: