This story was originally published by the WND News Center.
I used to believe the first Christmas really took place on this date.
Forget about the fact that they used a different calendar is Israel, I still wanted to believe the birth of Jesus must have some connection to Dec. 25.
Did SCOTUS make the right decision on medical mandates for large businesses?
Maybe 15 years ago, I decided it was in the fall – about the time of the Feast of Tabernacles, because He would come to “tabernacle with us” when he returns. It sure sounded right.
More recently, I came to the conclusion that spring was the proper time – when the baby lambs were born. I remember Jonathan Cahn’s teaching that the shepherds would be around in Israel night and day then because, after all, this was Passover time – and Jesus IS the Lamb of God.
Jonathan made a tremendous presentation, well-grounded, that Jesus was born on Nisan 1, the first day of the year, based on the his cousin, John’s birth, who was six months older than Jesus, and lots of other data.
But it matters not.
Because to the whole world, this is Christmas!
The world is not going to change the day unless Jesus commands it.
I will wait for that. In the meantime, I will celebrate this joyous day in wonderment.
And I will wish everything good to all my friends, relatives and acquaintances.
I’d like to leave you with some relevant Scriptures:
- Isaiah 9:6: For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
- John 1:29 : Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
- John 1:9-10: The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him.
- Matthew 1:21: And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Matthew 2:1-2: Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
- Isaiah 7:14: Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
- Luke 2:1-20: And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed.(And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.
And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds.
But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
Merry Christmas, friends!
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
- W.H.O. Director-General: Cancel Christmas Over Omicron
- New Jersey Department of Health Plays Scrooge For Christmas
- Doom and Gloom for Christmas: You’re All Going to Die. If You’re Unvaccinated, That Is.
- Liberal Terrorism? Giant Fox Christmas Tree Set On Fire, Suspect Arrested (Video)
- Fauci’s Christmas Gift For Americans: Death Wrapped In Controlling Fear
Turn your back on Big Tech oligarchs and join the New Resistance NOW! Facebook, Google, and other members of the Silicon Valley Axis of Evil are now doing everything they can to deliberately silence conservative content online, so please be sure to check out our MeWe page here, check us out at ProAmerica Only and follow us at Parler, Social Cross and Gab. You can also follow us on Twitter at @co_firing_line, and at the new social media site set up by members of Team Trump, GETTR.