While the “Gang of Ocho” amnesty bill — also known as S.744 — appears to prohibit most criminals from receiving amnesty, if passed into law, it would let DHS waive a number of misdemeanor convictions for the purpose of determining eligibility for amnesty.
Sounds crazy? Not with the current crop of lawmakers in Washington.
A post at the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) explains:
“And while most people’s knowledge of misdemeanor offenses relates to traffic violations, misdemeanors span a wide range of activity. In Florida, for example, misdemeanor crimes include:
- Assault, Fla. Stat. § 784.011;
- Assault on law enforcement officers, Fla. Stat. §784.07;
- Battery, Fla. Stat. § 784.03;
- Stalking, Fla. Stat. § 784.048;
- Human smuggling, Fla. Stat. § 787.07;
- Unlawful carrying of a chemical weapon or other deadly weapon (non-firearm), Fla. Stat. § 790.01;
- Unlawful placing or discharging of a bomb that results in any bodily harm, Fla. Stat. 790.1615;
- Unnatural and Lascivious Act, Fla. Stat. §800.02; and
- Exposure of Sexual Organs; Fla. Stat. § 800.03.”
Trending: Rural America – Targeted by Liberals
In other words, an illegal alien who sets off a bomb that causes injury can be given amnesty under this bill. Nice, huh?
In Texas, the list includes:
- Public Lewdness, Texas Penal Code § 21.07;
- Indecent Exposure, Texas Penal Code § 21.08;
- Terroristic Threats, Texas Penal Code § 22.07;
- Burglary of Vehicles, Texas Penal Code § 30.04;
- Deadly Conduct, Texas Penal Code § 22.05;
- Assault, Texas Penal Code § 22.01;
- Soliciting Membership in a Criminal Street Gang, Texas Penal Code, § 71.022;
- Soliciting Prostitution, Texas Penal Code § 43.02;
- Unlawful Carrying of Weapons, Texas Penal Code § 46.02; and
- Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity, Texas Penal Code § 71.02.
Here’s a graphic that puts it in context:
Sean Hannity talked about this a bit on his radio show, courtesy Mara Zebest:
Meanwhile, Sen. John McCain, RINO-Ariz., thinks Republicans who don’t go along with this travesty just don’t “get it.” Here he is blasting his own party on the floor of the Senate:
“When the Senate Gang of Eight unveiled S.744 at a press conference April 18th, they made repeated promises that illegal aliens applying for amnesty would have to undergo a criminal background check,” FAIR said. “While that may be true, a background check is only meaningful if aliens who committed serious crimes are actually barred from receiving amnesty and being placed on that pathway to citizenship. The specific text of the S.744, combined with its numerous waiver provisions, demonstrate that criminal illegal aliens will indeed be eligible for amnesty under the Gang of Eight plan.”
Every single member of Congress who votes for this abomination needs to be run out of office the next time they come up for re-election.
- Ted Cruz launches national petition to stop Senate immigration bill
- Ted Cruz: Will Obama do background checks before giving arms to Syrian rebels?
- Houston man accused of threat to kidnap, murder and burn Sen. Ted Cruz
- Immigration attorney: ‘Illegal immigration’ a ‘misnomer of Fox News’
- MoveOn.org video: Saying ‘illegal’ immigrants fits definition of a hate crime
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering.