While appearing on Fox Business with Stuart Varney, African-American author Crystal Wright wondered what Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., has done in the 50 years since Selma and said his position in Congress is illegitimate, the Washington Free Beacon reported Tuesday.
According to the Free Beacon:
Wright appeared on Fox Business with Stuart Varney to discusses Lewis’ recent comments about Trump. Lewis has planned to boycott Trump’s inauguration and even called his presidency “illegitimate,” citing the Russian cyber campaign to influence the 2016 election.
Varney asked for Wright’s opinion on Lewis’ remarks.
“John Lewis’ comments about President-elect Donald Trump are completely disrespectful,” Wright said. “And apparently John Lewis only thinks a legitimate presidency would be one that Hillary Clinton was running.”
Wright then questioned Lewis’ background.
“What I want to know is what has John Lewis done since he marched on Selma? Really. He’s riding on the coattails of something that happened over 50 years ago,” she said.
Is Biden's Vaccine Mandate Unconstitutional?
Here’s video, courtesy of the Free Beacon:
- Black Conservative: ‘Lewis is a disgrace to MLK’s legacy in being loyal to the Democrat party’
- John Lewis becomes threat to US democracy, says Trump not a legitimate president
- Maxine Waters: Trump calling Clinton ‘Crooked Hillary’ may be impeachable — Video
- Rush Limbaugh: Liberals clinically insane over election thanks to media scaremongering
- A Letter to Anti-American Protesters
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: