When you’ve got CNN calling “shenanigans,” you’ve really sunk to new lows. From an article at CNN Money:
The Obama administration is trumpeting that 6 million people have health coverage thanks to Obamacare.
Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said in a blog post Monday that ‘More than 6 million Americans have now either signed up for a private health insurance plan through the Marketplace or for Medicaid coverage.’
Who would you vote for if the elections were held today? (1)
So how close is that estimate to the truth? It depends on how you define close and truth. As CNN’s Tami Lubby notes, the believable part of the 6 million figure is the 2.1 million Americans the administration previously claimed had signed up through the end of December.
As for the remaining 3.9 million? That number includes people who were already on Medicaid and are just renewing their plans. This vaguely reminiscent of the claim of “jobs saved,” another Obama White House fiction that the administration stopped citing when enough Americans got wise to the claim’s vapidity.
Putting aside the can of worms related to Medicaid enrollment and its long-term strain on the economic viability of the Affordable Care Act, the 6 million figure is just out-and-out willful deception by an administration whose head is a pathological liar.
Granted, following the abysmal rollout and the revelation that Obama lied repeatedly about the reach of his health care law, the White House is under considerable pressure to make things right with the American people. It is a sad commentary that the solution in their view is to compound the mistakes they’ve made and the whoppers they’d told by telling more.
- Ohio man able to sign up for Obamacare after only 3,118 failed attempts
- ObamaCare, the Constitution, and the man who would be King
- Cynthia Tucker: Obama lied, but only after GOP saboteurs left him no choice
- Obama lied and wants insurance companies to swear by it
- So Obama lied. All presidents do it, right?
- It’s official: Obama lied to the American people concerning health care
- Obama lied, millions of insurance plans died
- ‘Forget About the Price’ is theme of winning video in WH’s ‘Healthy Young America’ competition
- As libs attack GOP for failing to ‘heart’ Obamacare, Harry Reid exempts staffers from law
- Obama offers bribe to insurers to reinstate canceled plans (using your money)
- Medicare Advantage patients helpless as their doctors get dumped
- Every argument you’ll need to win your Obamacare debate this Thanksgiving
- ‘Stupid enough’: Hitting Obama where he lives
- Is the thrill (with Obama) finally gone?
- Revised estimate: 93 million Americans will lose insurance due to Obamacare