On Wednesday, Pamela Geller reported that a video posted to YouTube by a young French Muslim waging jihad, warned of more attacks in the United States and Europe.
“Burn their houses, cars, possessions, behead them, even if it’s day to day, terrorise them,” the French-speaking jihadist video said. Those “who don’t agree with Islam will burn in hell,” the video added.
But a funny thing happened on the way to YouTube. The video was yanked, as it apparently violated the site’s rules regarding violence.
“Islam is peaceful,” the video claimed, “but when Muslims are attacked they fight back. Europe can become an islamic state, if they join. If they see a police officer they must kill them. Once infidels live in terror that’s when Muslims will conqer (sic).”
There’s your “religion of peace.” In short, “agree with us or die.”
On the same day Geller reported the video, an Ohio man who recently converted to Islam was arrested for plotting to bomb the Capitol and shoot government employees. Geller also said that a 19-year-old Muslim threatened to blow up a deli in Portland in the name of Allah. The reason: He wasn’t able to buy a single cigarette.
Nevertheless, we are told that Islam has nothing to do with any of this.
It is not surprising at all that Muslims in the West would express support for the Islamic State. The idea of a caliphate transcending national allegiance goes back to the beginning of Islamic history. Western analysts are surprised by this because they have discounted Islamic theology as a motivating factor for jihadis, and don’t understand the implications of the jihadi’s attachment to Islam.
But the problem is much worse than that. Far too many are so blinded by political correctness they refuse to see what is staring them in the face. Before long, they’ll be telling us that Islam doesn’t even exist and jihad is just a right-wing conspiracy theory. And they’ll do it even while jihadists continue slicing off heads while yelling “Allahu Akbar.”
- Moroccan-born mayor to Dutch Muslims: ‘F**k off’ if you don’t like freedom – Video
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary warns of ‘blood bath’ if West doesn’t stifle freedom to appease Muslims
- Ted Cruz: Barack Obama ‘encourages radical Islamic terrorists’ — Video
- Twitter erupts with calls to ban Islam
- Calls to deport Muslims, restrict Islam grow in wake of Paris attacks
- Obama snubs march against terror in Paris, 50 world leaders participate
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary: Anyone insulting Islam or Mohammed must die
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary blames free speech for Charlie Hebdo murders
- Obama administration responds to Hebdo attack by vowing to fight Islamophobia