According to the Daily Caller, White House spokesman Josh Earnest downplayed the violence that has left at least six Christians dead.
The Daily Caller reported:
Press secretary Josh Earnest was asked by Fox News’ correspondent, Ed Henry, if President Barack Obama has a “red line” beyond which he would act against Muslim attacks on Egyptian Christians.
“Well, I didn’t bring my red pen out with me today,” Earnest joked.
Personally, I’m hoping Earnest isn’t auditioning to be a stand-up comic…
It continues (emphasis added):
After making his joke, Earnest said the administration is “outraged… and concerned” about the Muslim attacks on almost 100 churches, monasteries, orphanages and other marked Christian sites. Many Christians’ shops and homes have also been looted and burned by mobs.
But Earnest didn’t name or criticize the attackers, even though he did charge the military with perpetrating “violence… against peaceful protestors.”
“I can tell you that we have condemned in unambiguous terms all the violence that’s has been perpetrated there in Egypt,” he added. “We have been concerned and condemned the violence that has been perpetrated by the government against peaceful protestors, and we’re just as outraged and just as concerned about reports that Christian churches have been targeted.”
Apparently, not concerned enough to stop backing the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization former Rep. Allen West said has infiltrated the entire administration.
- Allen West: Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated Obama administration
- President Obama Linked to Muslim Brotherhood
- Egypt at a crossroads and Obama abandons the call for freedom
- GOP Representatives demand answers on U.S. involvement with Muslim Brotherhood
- CAIR forces cancellation of anti-terror training, says instructor is anti-Muslim (Video)
- Poll: Nearly one in five says Obama is a Muslim
- Obama extends apology tour to VA mosque as Muslims riot, kill worldwide
- Author says Wright helped Obama accept Christianity without denouncing Islam
- Seattle terror suspect admires Osama bin Laden, sought martyr’s death
- Retired Army officer warns: DHS preparing for war against American citizens
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.