Video: Terror threat shuts down major music festival in Germany

Terror threat shuts down major music festival in Germany

A short time ago, thousands were evacuated from a popular German music festival over what is being termed as a concrete terror threat, according to German police.

The 90,000 people have been cleared from the music festival while German police and other security officials investigate the threat.

News Europe reported:

One of Germany’s biggest music festivals was interrupted today over a “possible terrorist threat,” police said.

Germany’s Rock am Ring festival was shut down on Friday night following threats of a terror attack.

Festival organizers have revealed they were told by police officials to vacate the Nuernburgring site as a precaution, and more than 90,000 music fans were advised to leave the grounds.

A statement from the organizers reads: “Due to a terrorist threat the police have advised us to interrupt the festival. We ask all festival visitors leave the festival site in a calm and controlled manner towards the exits and camping grounds. We have to support the police investigations.”

Organizers, who had increased security at the event following last month’s Manchester Arena bombing, are hoping to continue the weekend festival on Saturday.

Friday night’s performers were to include Liam Gallagher, Rag’N’Bone Man, Simple Plan, Bastille, and Rammstein. The weekend’s highlights include Sum 41, Machine Gun Kelly, Die Toten Hosen, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, System of a Down, and Prophets of Rage.

This latest threat comes after the Islamic terror bombing in Manchester, England that killed 22 people and injuring 119 others at a concert by performer, Ariana Grande.

The Islamic terrorist, Salman Abedi’s , 22, blew himself up at Manchester Arena as the concert was ending.

Greater Manchester police continued raids and searches throughout the city on Friday, arresting another 30-year-old man in connection with the attack. In total, 10 people were arrested, but a man and a woman were later released. Eight people remain in custody.

Help a USAF Veteran in need by clicking here.

Related News:

If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.

 

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.

Trending Now on Conservative Firing Line!