This is maddening and illustrates why so many people — especially those out west in “flyover”country — have a problem with the federal government.
In a video posted to YouTube on Sunday, a Park Service employee at a public retirement dinner brags about how the agency wrestled a $40 million mine located in what is presumably the Mojave Preserve for $2.5 million from two “little guys that had been in the Second World War.”
She continued, telling her audience the money was stolen from Washington, D.C., to acquire the land. The 111,000+ acres referred to on a nearby white board does not include the land that was taken from the ranchers for pennies on the dollar, according to the video’s description.
According to Infowars, the video was taken at a retirement celebration dinner for Mojave National Preserve Superintendent Mary Martin in 2005. Martin, one employee said, was known as the “acquisition queen.”
“’Lands’ isn’t always supported because we’re the ‘bad guys.’ We come in, and we take this land,” the employee said. “And we always take it for less than it’s worth.”
H/T: The Gateway Pundit
- FBI Posing as Militia in Oregon – Fire Marshal Resigns
- Report: Military special ops enroute to Oregon for possible raid; Agent provocateur in Bundy group?
- Montel Williams: Let’s use National Guard to kill militia members in Oregon
- Bundy ranch warns of false information, conspiracies
- BLM: ‘No deal’ in Bundy ranch case as rumors mount