Even conservatives were shocked to read the latest headline from NPR. Long regarded as a leftist news organ, NPR is receiving kudos from conservatives regarding their coverage of Donald Trump’s latest hammering of rival Hillary Clinton.
As penned by NPR reporter Mara Laisson on June 22, 2016, her headline Trump Just Gave The Speech Republicans Have Been Waiting 20 Years To Hear was indeed, music to the ears of Republicans. And if the recent polls are to be believed, Trump’s oratory was sweet sounding to many independents.
As Laisson noted, Trump hammered away “chapter and verse” of every criticism directed towards Mrs. Clinton, to include those based in fact or conspiracy theory. Also cited was that Trump’s speech very well may have been a “crystallizing” moment for the Republican presumptive candidate.
In a nutshell, Trump described his Democratic Party opponent as a “world-class liar” and “the most corrupt person ever to seek the presidency of the United States.” Far from done, Laisson noted that while many Republicans may not be solidly behind Trump, as a whole, they certainly against Hillary. And that may be what carries the day for Trump in the upcoming presidential election in November.
While Trump verbally slammed Clinton on the ongoing private internet server FBI investigation still taking place, he also cited the American deaths in Benghazi under Clinton’s watch as Secretary of State. Trump’s speech wasn’t all encompassing of every scandal that’s been directly in Clinton’s orbit though the years.
Examples of some of the more controversial issues involving Barack Obama’s former Secretary of State include the following:
- Fox News reported in 2008 that Clinton was less than truthful when describing her arrival in Bosnia as one fraught with danger, even claiming she ducked sniper fire. As reported, there never was any sniper fire. According to her traveling companion, the comedian Sinbad, the most dangerous part of the journey was “remembering where he was going to eat next.”
- In the same report, it was also noted that Clinton claimed she was named after the first man to scale Mt. Everest, Sir Edmund Hillary. However, Clinton was born in 1946. Sir Edmund didn’t scale Everest and gain word-wide notoriety until 1953.
- In the wake of the terrorist attacks of 9/11, Clinton claimed her daughter Chelsea was jogging around the World Trade Center when the Islamic jihadists struck the twin towers. NewsMax.com revealed her child was actually four miles away, fast asleep at a friend’s apartment.
- While the First Lady of Arkansas, Clinton turned a $1,000 investment in the futures market into a $100,000 payday. When questioned, Clinton claimed she learned about the futures market by reading the Wall Street Journal. However, as RealClearPolitics.com noted, at that time the WSJ didn’t cover the futures market. Meanwhile, the Journal of Economics and Finance concluded the odds of such a return happening to a novice were at best 1 in 31 trillion.
- Clinton also claims to have once attempted to join Marine Corps in 1975. Yet as Jim Geraghty of the National Review pointed out in a 2007 editorial, “And kind of odd that with all of the attention on Hillary Clinton all through the years, all those interviews, all those profiles, it never was mentioned until she addressed a lunch on Capitol Hill honoring military women, huh?”
- Note to Hillary Clinton: 40 years of lies and scandals will not go away
- Is Hillary Clinton evil?
- Hillary lies about not being contacted by FBI over email scandal
- Hillary Clinton: Second Amendment supporters ‘terrorize’ the nation
- Donald Trump: Hillary Clinton ‘most corrupt person ever to seek the presidency’