President Trump today formally withdrew the United States from the 2015 Paris Climate Accord that was signed to reduce “Greenhouse Gases.” Why did he do it? Does he hate the environment and now we’re all gonna die, choked to death by all those bad things in the air? No. Those are left’s views, the truth is apparently harder for leftists to swallow. He did it to save America from regulations that strangle our economy.
The President stated that he would either re-negotiate the Paris Accord to be more fair to America, get an entirely new one or…not. The current agreement places an undue burden on the United States, which must supply the lion’s share of the funds to underdeveloped countries with no accounting of where that money goes.
Obama signed the agreement without congressional vote, so technically Trump can withdraw the same way. But the terms of the agreement may make it more difficult to do, since it says we can’t leave until 2020. Not that those little details have ever caused our President any consternation.
Obsessed with control
From the UN’s Agenda 21 to the Paris Accord, nations have sought to strip the US of our finances and redistribute that money to poorer countries. And they’ve done it in the name of “sustainability.” Follow the money- always follow the money.
The aims of the Paris Accord:
- “(a) Holding the increase in the global average temperature to well below 2 °C above pre-industrial levels and to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels, recognizing that this would significantly reduce the risks and impacts of climate change;
- (b) Increasing the ability to adapt to the adverse impacts of climate change and foster climate resilience and low greenhouse gas emissions development, in a manner that does not threaten food production;
- (c) Making finance flows consistent with a pathway towards low greenhouse gas emissions and climate-resilient development.”
Countries furthermore aim to reach “global peaking of greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible”. The agreement has been described as an incentive for and driver of fossil fuel divestment.
Some research has suggested that the goal of reducing greenhouse gases to those levels is impossible by 2018, which was the goal of the Paris accord. And would be totally impossible by third world nations who have no laws for industries like the United States. Yet the agreement forces the United States to contribute billions of dollars to them for compliance with no oversight to know where it is being spent.
Obama’s Executive Order 13653 forced businesses to follow regulations that demanded extreme measures to “prepare” for climate change. “Climate Change”, “Global Warming” all of those terms have been controversial as many scientists say they are cyclical and not caused by humans. That EO devastated the coal industry by as much as 80%.Trump pulled the plug on it back in March.
That the President did today was say “no” to other nations who have had their hands in the American economy cookie jar for decades.
- Trump pulls out of Paris Agreement and the left goes bonkers
- De Blasio, LA Mayor Eric Garcetti, other mayors to usurp Constitution, adopt Paris Accord