According to Talking Points Memo, the outspoken gun rights activist made the statement while appearing with Erin Burnett Monday night.
“For anyone to claim that I’m a racist or it had racist overtones is the typical crap that the propaganda ministry and the media, particularly most of your co-workers there, even though I got Piers Morgan’s ass thrown out, and I’ll do the same with Don Lemon and Wolf Blitzer when I can,” he said.
“Nugent’s comment came in response to Burnett asking him to explain his pseudo-apology for calling President Barack Obama a ‘subhuman mongrel,'” TPM said.
Talking Points added:
Morgan told the New York Times that he and CNN president Jeff Zucker have discussed taking his primetime show off the air, which could happen as early as next month. But Nugent, who would surely disagree with Morgan’s calls for tougher gun laws, overlooked that the two had been talking about Morgan staying on with CNN in some capacity — just not as a primetime host.
Watch video of Nugent below:
- Ted Nugent to Piers Morgan on gun control: ‘Kiss my a**’
- CNN’s Piers Morgan threatens NRA: ‘I’m not done with you yet’
- Piers Morgan admits standing on graves of dead children to advance gun control
- WH petition calling for deportation of CNN’s Piers Morgan reaches 25,000 signature threshold
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy Hook children
- Crybaby: Piers Morgan claims conservatives targeting him over gun control
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to ‘pop’ Alex Jones
- CNN’s Piers Morgan: Supreme Court ‘dangerous’ on gun control
- Daily Beast writer: Piers Morgan should ‘pop’ Alex Jones with semi-automatic gun
- CNN’s Piers Morgan suggests amending the Bible over gay rights