On Wednesday, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, posted a note on Facebook expressing solidarity with France after the brutal assault on the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, saying the attack “is an attack on us all.”
“The United States stands in solidarity with our long-standing NATO ally France in this ongoing battle with radical Islamic terrorism,” he said.
“This most recent savage attack–on Charlie Hebdo Officiel–is an attack on us all. Freedom of the press is at the heart of all free societies. From Ottawa to Jerusalem to Sydney to Paris we need to band together to defend the values that make us great,” he added.
The civilized world came together Wednesday, condemning the brutal attack.
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) January 8, 2015
— Newsweek (@Newsweek) January 8, 2015
— Camille J Severino (@camilleseverino) January 8, 2015
My French is very rusty, but I understand this means “I am Charlie.”
Meanwhile, liberals are doing all they can to diminish the Islamic connection and some, like CNN’s Sally Kohn, used it as an excuse to bash conservatives.
Worse yet, my friend and fellow Examiner, Timothy Whiteman, says Muslim jihadis and ISIS radicals are celebrating the murder of cartoonists.
“Within hours of a military assault-style attack on what tactically is known as a ‘soft target,’ both ISIS and supporters of Islamic Jihad have openly celebrated the massacre of French journalists, satirists, staff personnel, and two Paris police officers today,” he said.
The ISIS terrorist organization (also known as ISIL or simply IS) and their supporters on social media are celebrating the killings in Paris due to their anger at the publication for lampooning Mohammed, who founded of Islam 1,600 years ago. As reported by Great Britain’s The Telegraph, ISIS threatened the Gallic Republic on Sept. 22, 2014. The terrorists vowed “to kill ‘spiteful and filthy French’ in retaliation for air strikes …” As cited by multiple reports, the terrorists in Paris conducted the assault with military precision, as well as being equipped with Kalashnikov automatic rifles as well as a rocket launcher.
Naturally, because everyone knows the best response to a satirical cartoon is a rocket launcher.
Je suis Charlie.
- CNN’s Sally Kohn on Hebdo murders: Conservatives worse than Islamic extremists
- Muslim woman demands ISIS impales captured pilots
- ISIS barbarians use torture device on woman breast-feeding baby
- Report claims ISIS leader gave permission for terrorists to eat babies
- ISIS terrorists cut five-year-old boy in half
- Liberal loon on MSNBC: Bombing ISIS won’t work because bombs kill people
- Report: ISIS terrorists bury women and children alive in mass graves
- Moonbat Elizabeth Warren: Let’s negotiate with people who behead children for fun
- British jihadi with ISIS: ‘People love to see heads on spikes’
- Chicago liberals march in support of child-killing ISIS, genocide
- Video: Barbaric ISIS jihadis joke, play with severed head
- Report: John McCain’s ‘moderate’ allies in Syria behead 40-day-old infant, mother
- Report: ISIS militants ‘systematically beheading’ Christian children in Mosul