It’s music to the ears of every Marine; President-elect Trump is reportedly considering retired Marine Gen. James Mattis for Secretary of Defense.
Known as a living legend amongst Marines, The Daily Caller is noting that the man nicknamed “Mad Dog” and whose call sign was “Chaos” is in the running to be the next Secretary of Defense.
As reported (in part) by Saagar Enjeti;
Mattis served 44 years in the U.S. Marine Corps, and generally remains adamantly against getting involved in politics. Mattis will reportedly meet with Trump in New York Saturday.
Mattis retired from the USMC in 2013, and would need a special congressional waiver if nominated by Trump to serve as Defense Secretary. Title 10 of the U.S. Code requires the Secretary of Defense be out of military uniform for a period longer than 7 years to reinforce the norm of civilian control.
Looked upon by some as a modern day warrior monk, the General has seen combat in three different theaters of operation.
Known for his intellect as much as his martial prowess, Mattis was known to stuff a copy of the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius in his ALICE pack when deployed.
But when it comes to putting his money where his mouth is, the retired Leatherneck has his share of backing up some of his more memorable quotes;
- “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f**k with me, I’ll kill you all.”
- “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”
- “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
- “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
- “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.”
- “I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years.”
- “Demonstrate to the world there is ‘No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy’ than a U.S. Marine.”
- Actor Michael Shannon: Time for Trump voters to die
- AP: San Fran. teacher’s union offers anti-Trump propaganda as lesson plan
- Atlanta man shot to death after saying he voted for Trump
- Michigan electors receiving death threats: ‘I’ll put a bullet in your mouth’
- What will it take to bring U.S. back together after Trump’s victory?
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: