On Tuesday, we reported that a Twitter account issued threats to murder President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence. The same day, Arizona’s 12News reported that the Secret Service is investigating the threat, which appears to have originated in Chandler.
According to 12News:
The Chandler police said Tuesday that the Secret Service is investigating a threat against President Donald Trump that originated in Chandler.
The reported threat was made in a tweet, police say, that featured two rifles and mentioned killing the president and vice president.
Chandler PD thanked everyone who reported the threat and said the Secret Service is aware of the threats.
Here’s some of the tweets issued by the account:
The account has been suspended since our original report, but was allowed to function for over a month.
Here’s video, courtesy of KGUN:
- Twitter allows account advocating murder of Trump, Pence
- ‘Scandal’ season premier prompts wishes to see Trump assassinated
- Crazy man who allegedly murdered UPS driver says he killed Donald Trump
- Boston graffiti: ‘Kill your local Trump supporter’
- Twitter explodes with calls to murder Trump, supporters
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: