Remember the “phony scandal” that involved the IRS purposefully targeting Tea Party groups, Christians and anyone else who disagreed with Barack Obama? Turns out, according to a report at the Daily Caller, IRS Obamacare officials discussed confidential taxpayer information with senior Obama White House officials, according to emails obtained by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
The Daily Caller reported:
Lois Lerner, then head of the IRS Tax Exempt Organizations division, also received an email alongside White House officials that contained confidential information.
Ingram attempted to counsel the White House on a lawsuit from religious organizations opposing Obamacare’s contraception mandate. Email exchanges involving Ingram and White House officials — including White House health policy advisor Ellen Montz and deputy assistant to the president for health policy Jeanne Lambrew — contained confidential taxpayer information, according to Oversight.
The emails provided to Oversight investigators by the IRS had numerous redactions with the signifier “6103.”
Section 6103 of the Internal Revenue Code forbids a federal employee from “disclos[ing] any return or return information obtained by him in any manner in connection with his service as such an officer or an employee.”
Federal employees who illegally disclose confidential taxpayer information could face five years in prison.
We can only hope…
- At least 292 conservative groups targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups targeted
- Constitutional groups targeted
- Groups that criticized Obama administration were targeted
- At least two pro-life groups targeted
- A Texas voting-rights group was targeted
- Conservative activists and businesses were targeted.
- At least 88 IRS agents were involved in the targeting scandal
- At least one conservative Hispanic group was targeted
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
Remember, we were told this was done by just a couple rogue agents in Cincinnati. Turns out that’s not quite so.
Moreover, the IRS isn’t talking about the issue, citing the government shutdown — seriously. The Daily Caller added: “An IRS voice mail message declined to comment on any media inquiries during the government shutdown, citing law.”
Even scarier, this is the agency that will be overseeing Obamacare.
- Bette Midler thanks IRS for targeting Tea Party groups
- IRS official in charge during Tea Party targeting now runs Obamacare office
- Nancy Pelosi blames Bush for IRS scandal, says Obama ‘great president’
- Flashback: Chuck Schumer, Al Franken sign letter demanding IRS target Tea Party groups in 2012
- Report: ‘Rogue’ IRS agents ‘simply did what their bosses ordered’
- IRS ordered list of high school, college students trained by conservative group
- Franklin Graham: IRS targeted ministry after criticism of Obama
- ABC political analyst: IRS scandal emanates from the White House
- NAACP chair: Legitimate for IRS to target ‘admittedly racist’ Tea Party
- Washington IRS officials implicated in growing scandal, hearings set for Friday
- Is the ‘mainstream media’ fomenting violence against conservatives?
- Did David Plouffe justify IRS targeting conservative Tea Party groups?
- Michele Bachmann: IRS admission means credibility of 2012 election in doubt
- Transparency or cover-up? ‘Off-the-record’ briefing becomes ‘deep background’
- Sen. James Inhofe: Obama could face impeachment over Benghazi cover-up
- IRS admits targeting conservative Tea Party groups, apologizes
- Is the Obama Administration using the IRS to silence opposition?
- Maine Governor calls IRS the ‘new Gestapo’ in radio address on Obamacare
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering and make sure to listen to “Grit and Grace” every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.
You can also hear Joe every Wednesday from 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time on Misguided Children radio.