Donald Trump is finding himself the target of a great deal of criticism after suggesting that Muslims be banned from immigrating to the U.S.
As we reported earlier today, the mayor of St. Petersburg jokingly “banned” The Donald from the city.
But readers of the Philadelphia Daily News woke up to this:
— Philly Daily News (@PhillyDailyNews) December 8, 2015
Notice the hand gesture? And the play on “furor?”
Yes, the paper went “full Godwin.” Reaction was mixed:
@PhillyDailyNews if you're making a Hitler reference you should check your spelling? Furor isn't the same as Führer….
— Jon Cunningham (@jonningham) December 8, 2015
@PhillyDailyNews are you promoting allowing millions of jihadi jackasses into the US? Be careful which cartoons you post!
— Joe McCullough (@chnsaw5210) December 8, 2015
— Angie Bee (@AngieB5) December 8, 2015
— S.M. Harkness (@EveryWordTell) December 8, 2015
— M.B.H (@capostatus85) December 8, 2015
— Al B. (@DorseyBlack) December 8, 2015
— Eric Walker (@edubb2086) December 8, 2015
And on it goes…
- Florida mayor ‘bans’ Donald Trump for suggesting Muslims be banned from entering country
- Liberal media falsely claims Trump ends speech after protest by DNC-approved Black Lives Matter
- Trump Triumphs: Proof Positive That Muslims Celebrated 9/11 in Jersey City
- Donald Trump calls for ‘total and complete’ end of Muslim immigration to U.S.
- Calls to deport Muslims, restrict Islam grow in wake of Paris attacks