A Happy Thanksgiving and Chanunkah (where applicable) to you all. Here is hoping you took time out from the turkey, the cranberries, the televised football, and all the rest to give thanks for your blessings. Whether you count Barack Obama’s health care reform law among the things you are thankful for remains to be seen — which is why his PAC, Organizing for Action, was encouraging spirited debate over the holiday on the merits of Obamacare.
Judging from a cross-section of tweets catalogued by Twitchy, some families took the president’s advice to heart. Whether any of the spirited combatants required treatment under the current, pre-Obamacare health delivery system is not stated, but it sounds as though some of the thoughtful discussions devolved into near-warfare.
Another tweeter named talley @talleygrace_ wrote, “my family is drunk and screaming at each other about Obamacare um—.” The message, however, is dated Nov. 29, so maybe the problem was the length of the celebration as much as it was the contentiousness of the law.
Morgan [email protected] wrote “family fighting over Obamacare. lol here we go,” while a comment by [email protected] suggests his arguments over the Affordable Care Act were nothing new for him and his kind on Turkey Day: “Why does my family always feel the need to argue about abortion and Obamacare during thanksgiving. #Seriously.”
A user who styles herself [email protected], meantime, wrote at 4:55 on the 28th “If my family doesn’t shut the f**k up about obamacare I will burn this house down.” Here’s hoping they shut up.
As Twitchy notes, not all of the discussions were confrontational. Here are several tweets that prove the point:
Tweeting [email protected]: We held a family vote on Obama Care and we were unanimous in being ‘agin’ it. First time we’ve all agreed on anything.
- Obama dark money group gives you ammunition for your Turkey Day Obamacare free-for-all
- What to talk about this Thanksgiving
- Spice up your Thanksgiving with a gun control debate!
- Palin haters duped by satirical Thanksgiving quote call for her scalp … literally
- ‘Non-partisan’ group paid $1 million to produce positive Obamacare stories to feed the media
- Every argument you’ll need to win your Obamacare debate this Thanksgiving
- Web techs spent Thanksgiving fixing Obamacare mess
- White House Thanksgiving menu: Über-Pie-Palooza-Gate
- Thankful for faith, friends and football
- White House: Enroll in Obamacare, but not too fast
- Yes, we can … repeal Obamacare
- Dems, president can run but they can’t hide from Obamacare
- Weird NYT column: Not supporting Obamacare Is slavery or something