On Saturday, GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee said that 100,000 people have signed his petition demanding that Kim Davis be released from jail.
The petition simply reads: “Immediately release Kim Davis from federal custody. Exercising Religious Liberty should never be a crime in America. This is a direct attack on our God-given, constitutional rights.”
Huckabee is also set to appear at the jail where Davis is currently being held for refusing to submit to a federal judge’s edict that she issue licenses to gay couples. Had she done so, she would have been in violation of the Kentucky state Constitution and Kentucky law. She also would have violated her religious beliefs.
“Having her in federal custody removes all doubt about the criminalization of Christianity in our country. We must defend religious liberty and never surrender to judicial tyranny! ” he said on Facebook.
Indeed, the action taken against Davis — who happens to be a Democrat — demonstrates the truly tyrannical nature of the left.
Huckabee also schooled George Stephanopoluos Sunday when the liberal ABC host tried to trap him on the subject.
Exit question: If a judge orders a Christian to renounce Christ and worship Satan, is that Christian obligated to obey?
- West: ‘You’re missing the point about the Kentucky clerk’s jail sentence’
- Erick Erickson asks: ‘After Kim Davis, how much longer until we have another civil war?’
- Gay marriage; Oregon judge opts out of all marriages, now under investigation
- Intellihub: Radical left wants to put all Christians in jail
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate