While sitting down for what Newsbusters’ P.J. Gladnick called a “starry-eyed interview of President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,” Obama whined about a question he was asked by CBS’ Steve Kroft.
Real Clear Politics has the relevant transcript:
STEVE KROFT, CBS NEWS: I have to ask you, what’s the date of expiration on this endorsement?
SECRETARY OF STATE HILLARY CLINTON: Oh, Steve.
KROFT: No, no, I have to ask that question. I mean, come on. I mean, you’re sitting here, together. Everybody in town is talking about it already, and this interview is taking place.
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: You know, Steve, I’ve got to tell you, you guys in the press are incorrigible. I was literally inaugurated four days ago, and you’re talking about elections four years from now.
Ever since Obama emerged on the national stage, the entire media has done all it could to ensure his election, and in 2012, his re-election.
But let anyone ask him a question and he whines like a baby.
Check out a video of the interview, courtesy of Newsbusters:
Gladnick added some of the comments posted at CBS:
Steve Kroft surrenders his role as a journalist and has become a paparazzi fawning over Beiber.
Next time, do not have a liberal interview two other liberals. It makes for boring TV. For example, before ever broaching Benghazi, they decided to get the more important stuff out of the way first, i.e. their feelings and Hilary’s state of health.
What an Obama and Clinton love fest. Thanks Steve for nothing…..What a let down. So many important things going on in this world, and this is what we got?????..
This was not an interview, it was an ad for the Hillary for President campaign.
Tonight’s show was DULL, now it seems the president can just call up and get a free political commercial.
This is pathetic, why don’t you just put them in the backseat of a 57′ chevy and let them steam up the windows
I had no idea that Steve Kroft is part of the obama administration. Who wrote these questions, axelrod?
An oyster on a half-shell could have done better than Steve Kroft. Journalistic FAIL. The mainstream media has failed the American people.
This interview was a love-fest. These were not softballs – these were marshmallows.
Did Steve’s arm get tired from all of the softballs he threw!!??
The mutual licking was so loud it could be heard around the world. In a word, discusting!!!!! Soundeded like the interviews Putin gets in Russia.
Yes, Virginia, there really is a Democrat-media complex, and it presents a clear and present danger to the country.
- Post-election survey shows vast majority have no confidence in mainstream media
- Reporter: Press corps ‘lose their minds’ and ‘swoon’ in Obama’s presence
- CBS airs Constitutional law professor: ‘Let’s give up on the Constitution’
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Distrust of mainstream media at all time high, poll says
- Majority of voters view media as biased and unethical
- Democratic strategist: Media purposefully suppressing news that would hurt Obama
- MSNBC caught using tweet from ‘Gov. Bev Perdue’ parody account
- MSNBC caught using edited clip from rally to attack Mitt Romney
- Media helps Obama campaign by misrepresenting woman’s question at Iowa town hall
- Obama’s ‘other race speech’ contains parts never seen by public
- Former network producer: ‘I’m done’ denying liberal bias in the media