While appearing on the Ben Shapiro Show Thursday, radical Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary warned of a “blood bath” if western democracies do not change their laws to suit followers of Islam.
“It would surely be better for them…to change their laws” to consider the sensibilities of Muslims. “Or,” he added, “do we want a blood bath on our hands” because some want to hold to the principle of free speech.
The comment comes at about 7:25 into the segment, which can be heard below:
As we have reported, this isn’t the first time Choudary justified the murderous attacks in France this week. And it isn’t the first time Muslims have called for laws stifling speech to appease Muslims.
Choudary wasn’t finished, arguing that there is currently a “clash of two civilizations,” with ISIS leader al-Baghdadi leading on one side and U.S. President Barack Obama leading on the other.
“President Obama has repeatedly attempted to what he has characterized as ‘defend’ Islam, saying that ISIS is not Islamic,” Shapiro said in response. “He has said that ‘the future must not belong to those who slander the Prophet of Islam’ […] But the way he characterizes Islam is not the way you characterize Islam […] How many people do you represent versus how many people does President Obama represent when it comes to Islam? Are you in fact representative of a ‘tiny minority’ within Islam or are you representative of something larger?”
Choudary responded by saying Obama is lying about the true nature of Islam.
“Islam for them is whatever they think Islam is in terms of their own interests. Islam is in accordance to the Koran, of the sayings and actions of the Prophet. That’s it. […] I say to you, look at the Koran, look at the sayings of the Prophet, and check for yourself. Is Barack Obama a liar or am I lying? I think that you will find that he’s a liar. He’s only inventing Islam according to what his own foreign policy is,” he said.
When asked if he takes offense at being called a “radical,” Choudary responded by saying he simply teaches Sharia Law as it truly is.
Meanwhile, thousands have taken to the streets to protest the brutal attack against the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, prompting many to renew calls for the deportation of Muslims and restrictions on Islam.
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary: Islam tells us how to wipe after using the toilet
- Ted Cruz: An attack on Charlie Hebdo ‘is an attack on us all’
- Calls to deport Muslims, restrict Islam grow in wake of Paris attacks
- Poll: Nearly one in five says Obama is a Muslim
- Retired General: Muslim Brotherhood inside U.S. government
- Obama angers conservatives with remarks on slander of Islam at United Nations
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary blames free speech for Charlie Hebdo murders
- Christians stoned by American Muslims in Dearborn as police watch
- Obama administration responds to Hebdo attack by vowing to fight Islamophobia
- CNN’s Sally Kohn on Hebdo murders: Conservatives worse than Islamic extremists
- Profanity-screaming Muslims attack German church-goers, media silent