Newsbusters’ Mark Finkelstein provided a transcript of her comments on “Morning Joe.”
“Here you’ve got the business community, the Chamber of Commerce, the agriculture community, evangelicals, Catholics, clergymen all across the country, and they are not listening, because in their districts it does not pay any benefit. There is no cost to voting against immigration. And the piecemeal approach is basically saying, let’s throw a lot of money at border security. John McCain has pointed out—and he’s been heroic on this issue—he has pointed out that it is a total waste of money what they did in the Senate, but it is political cover. But to do border security and nothing else: these fiscal conservatives ought to be ashamed,” she said.
Amnesty for illegal immigrants and voting to destroy America is heroic, but wanting border security is shameful. This is what passes for “thought” on the left.
By the way, we’re supposed to believe this partisan hack is an unbiased journalist. If you believe that, I have prime beachfront property on the Moon for sale — cheap…
Here’s video, courtesy of Newsbusters:
- GOP Rep. Raul Labrador: Immigration reform could mean end of Republican Party
- John McCain: House GOP needs to pass Senate amnesty bill to save party
- Barf alert: Schumer, McCain hold lovefest after voting to destroy America
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Democrats ‘believe in illegal immigration’
- Website starts recall against Sens. Jeff Flake, John McCain over immigration
- Conservatives warn: ‘Gang of Eight’ immigration bill will destroy America
- Ted Cruz launches national petition to stop Senate immigration bill
- Amnesty bill lets DHS waive criminal activity by illegal aliens, not U.S. citizens
- Ted Cruz: Will Obama do background checks before giving arms to Syrian rebels?
- Houston man accused of threat to kidnap, murder and burn Sen. Ted Cruz
- Immigration attorney: ‘Illegal immigration’ a ‘misnomer of Fox News’
- MoveOn.org video: Saying ‘illegal’ immigrants fits definition of a hate crime
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering.