On Tuesday, CNN reported that multiple blasts in Brussels have killed “multiple” people. As of this writing 13 are reported killed and 35 others wounded in the attacks.
Two explosions occurred at the city’s airport. Several people were killed, according to the country’s public broadcaster, RTBF. Initial reports say up to 10 people were killed and more than 30 people were injured.
Another blast at a subway station occurred in the suburb of Maalbeek, near the European quarter, where much of the European Union is based, according to CNN affiliate RTL. All metro stations in the city have been closed, according to the official Twitter account for the city’s transportation agency.
Here’s the kicker: CNN said, “It’s unclear what caused the blasts, or if they’re related to terrorism.” The shouts heard in Arabic might be a clue…
Here’s a live feed from Sky News:
Updates will be provided as we get them.
- Former DHS employee: Agency ordered me to scrub records of Muslims with ties to terrorism
- Refugees arrested on terror charges in Houston, Sacramento, said to have ties to ISIS
- Video: Britain First confronts radical cleric who said those insulting Islam must die
- Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary: Anyone insulting Islam or Mohammed must die
- Muslim cleric: Pam Geller should be tried by Sharia court and killed (video)