On Wednesday, the Washington Free Beacon reported that a memo from February shows that the Hillary Clinton campaign scripted her entire appearance on Steve Harvey’s show — and apparently did so with the show’s help.
According to the Free Beacon:
The memo, sent to Clinton on Feb. 17, 2016, by campaign spokeswoman Karen Finney and communications aide Betsaida Alcantara, was attached to an email posted on the website DCLeaks.com by hackers suspected of acting in concert with the Russian government.
One of the individuals behind the website provided the Free Beacon with a password to access that email and others sent to and from Clinton volunteer Beanca Nicholson, who was doing advance work for a campaign swing through Chicago that included the Harvey interview.
The campaign memo reveals that Clinton’s staff worked with Harvey to craft the structure of the interview, and briefed the Democratic presidential nominee ahead of time on the precise wording of Harvey’s questions.
The questions touched on Clinton’s granddaughter, her preference for deep dish or thin crust pizza, her campaign’s “great start,” efforts to bridge America’s racial divide, and her support for gun control policies.
Even questions from the audience were scripted:
Question from audience member Robin Rick (Robin is a Supervisor at Manhattan Beach Unified Schools Kitchen):
“Hi Steve. I’m a grandmother of 12 kids so by now I’m running out of fun things to do with them. I’m looking for new ways to entertain them so I was wondering, since Marjorie (Steve’s wife) is a grandmother like me what are some of her favorite things to do with your grandkids?)”
After the question is asked, he will surprise the audience by introducing his “expert,” YOU. YOU will enter the stage and assist Steve in answering the question. At this point he will show the picture of YOU and President Clinton holding Charlotte for the first time (pasted below).
Even her answers were scripted:
What do YOU think of Robin’s question?
• I’m lucky, I only have one grandchild at the moment and another one coming this summer! So I’m just experiencing the newness of it all. We spend countless hours just watching Charlotte in awe. When she learned to clap her hands, we gave her a standing ovation…
• I love to sing the song ‘Wheels on the Bus,’ and that keeps Charlotte entertained.
• Bill and I are trying to be as much help to Chelsea and Marc as our own parents were to us.
• One suggestion for how to keep the 12 grandkids entertained is to have them play a game together, have them engaged and break them up in teams and plan something that’s active like a scavenger hunt!
The Free Beacon also noted:
“During this segment Steve will take a trip down memory lane with YOU to talk about the different moments of YOUR life displayed in the photographs below,” the memo explained photos of Clinton that Harvey pulled up on screen as she discussed her childhood, education, relationship with her husband, and election to the U.S. Senate.
Clinton feigned surprise throughout the interview. “Oh boy. Oh my goodness,” she exclaimed as Harvey displayed a photo of her at 12 years old.
In an update, the Free Beacon added:
After publication, a Harvey spokesperson sent the following statement: “As happens with many shows like ours, producers conduct pre-interviews highlighting areas of interest and possible questions. This allows the guests to prepare for their appearance and provides the most informative experience for the viewers.”
Somehow, I doubt this would be the case if Trump were the guest…
- Desperate Hillary caught using child actor at Pennsylvania town hall — Video
- Emails: Clinton Foundation, State Dept. conspired to ‘burn’ conservative blogger
- Leaked audio: Hillary savages Bernie supporters as ignorant basement dwellers who want free stuff
- Hillary Clinton: Muslims ‘have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism’ — Video
- Hillary Clinton scolds white people after Baton Rouge killings, targets guns
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: