Political analyst Larry Sabato says that Democrats face a blood bath in 2018. He noted that in 2016, they were expected to win the White House, take control of the Senate and cut into the Republican lead in the House by a considerable margin.
However, Trump won the presidency, Democrats only picked up a couple of seats in the Senate (Both NeverTrumpers) and only picked up four to seven seats in the house. But he notes that 2018 is a whole new ballgame and Republicans could greatly increase their leads in all areas.
Before 2018 comes around, the Democrats could lose two senators. Joe Manchin is said to be considering a switch in parties but he could also be picked by Trump to join his administration. West Virginia is now a heavily Republican state and chances are they would select a Republican to take his place. Trump is also looking at Heidi Heitkamp for his administration. The Republicans could go into 2018 with a 54-46 lead in the Senate.
In 2018 there are eight Republican senators up for reelection and all in deep red states. The Democrats, on the other hand, will have to defend 25 seats. Ten of those Senators are in states carried by Donald Trump.
- Obama quietly agrees to an additional 1,300 Muslim refugees
- More Americans drawn to GOP coverage, here’s one reason why
- Harry Reid: Democrats to decide what’s real and what’s fake
- Democrats Eat Their Own: Dean Viciously Attacks Gabbard
- Eric Holder pushing to end Electoral College to rig presidential elections for Democrats
And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book: