Europe’s Christian history and heritage is being taken over by Islamists bent on conquering Europe by any means and the practice of Islam is outstripping Christianity, while Jews are leaving not only France but also the rest of Europe due to security concerns.
Giulio Meotti of the GateStone Institute reported that the dangers facing Europe has Christians and Jews changing how they look and what they wear.
Meotti stated that in one incident, concerning Jews, that in January, Zvi Ammar, the president of the Marseille, France Israelite Consistory, recommended that Jews that stop wearing a kippah (skullcap) when out in the street. Too many anti-Semitic incidents have cast fear into the hearts of Marseille’s 70,000 Jews, who make up a tenth of the city’s population. 500 Jews already left the city in 2015. Then a few days ago, Mr. Ammar announced another attempt at appeasement by the conversion of a historic synagogue into a mosque.
The synagogue was empty, due to rampant anti-Semitism in Marseille and now, Muslims in Marseille already have 73 mosques.
Zvi Ammar told Meotti, “What should we do? Security concerns had already pushed the Jews out of the city’s center. We could no longer live in a Muslim area, so the synagogue was empty. Thousands of synagogues in the Arab-Islamic world, from Libya to Morocco, from Iraq to Tunisia, have been converted into mosques. The only difference is that in France, Muslims cannot expropriate a synagogue; they have to pay for it.”
Meotti said, “Zvi Ammar, however, is right: not only is the Middle East full of synagogues turned into Islamic sites, but also of churches converted into mosques, such as the Umayyad in Damascus, the Ibn Tulun in Cairo and the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul. In Hebron and on Jerusalem’s Temple Mount, Muslim conquerors built their sites atop the Jewish ones.”
Meotti outlined his report with several alarming statistics and among them include:
- In the Dutch province of Friesland, 250 of 720 existing churches have been transformed or closed. The Fatih Camii Mosque in Amsterdam once was the Saint Ignatius Church. A synagogue in The Hague was turned into the Al Aqsa Mosque. In Flanders, in place of a famous church, a luxury hotel now stands. Catholic arches, columns and windows still soar between menus and tables for customers.
- “The French will not wake up until Notre Dame becomes a mosque.” — Emile Cioran, author.
- Germany is literally selling its churches. Between 1990 and 2010, the German Evangelical Church closed 340 churches. Recently in Hamburg, a Lutheran church was purchased by the Muslim community.
- “History teaches us that these transformations are rarely innocent.” — Bertrand Dutheil de La Rochère, assistant to Marine Le Pen.
- Belgium, once a cradle of European Catholicism, is closing dozens of its churches. The Church of St. Catherine, built in 1874, dominates the historic center of Brussels, the only religious building created in the city’s “pentagon” at the end of Ancien Régime, and today one of the most protected in the EU’s capital, especially after the terror attacks there on March 22, 2016. Brussels, however, wanted to convert the church into a fruit market. Only the mobilization of the faithful hindered the city’s plan.
“The writer Emile Cioran once cast a sinister prophecy on Europe: “The French will not wake up until Notre Dame becomes a mosque.” Five years ago, a French historian, Dominique Venner, shot himself on the altar of Notre Dame, Paris’s most famous Cathedral, “said Meotti.
“This suicide, which the mainstream media dismissed as the gesture of a Catholic crank, was a terrible warning to Europe. But no one was paying attention.”
- ISIS executes 25 in nitric acid
- One third plotting terrorist attacks in US were caught before or after executing the attack
- Al-Qaeda calls for home and workplace assassinations in the US
- Democrat Schumer praises radical Islamic CAIR