Someone put the city of Detroit up for sale on eBay, for a whopping $7.50. So far, there’s no bids. Wonder why…
Here’s the listing on eBay:
This is your chance to own a piece of America!
Known for producing some of America’s finest automobiles like the Chevy Vega and Ford Pinto, Detroit was once home to a bustling industrial and manufacturing economy.
All it needs now is a little TLC (and approximately 3 trillion dollars). In addition to owning a little slice of Michigan, your purchase of Detroit gets you:
- An honorary Detroit Pistons championship ring from 2004
- That cool Chrysler commercial with Eminem
- A statue of Robocop that might get built
- The 1,297th ranked educational system in America
- Justin Verlander
- Unlimited use of the phrase, “Detroit Muscle”
- The complete catalog of Motown Records albums including Diane Ross, Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye. You know, ‘baby makin’ music
Buy within five days of this listing and get Flint, Michigan for FREE! A bonus worth more than $75!
Bid with confidence, folks. This one won’t last long.
Obviously, this is a joke, but ya gotta admit, it’s good.
The seller issued a warning, however: “Highly damaged, missing residents and defective infrastructure.”
Unfortunately, eBay notes: “This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.”
Seriously, you can’t make this stuff up…
- Judge withdraws Detroit bankruptcy, says it doesn’t honor President Obama
- Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, so give us government bacon
- New Black Panther leader Malik Shabazz threatens to burn Detroit down
- Rush Limbaugh on fixing Detroit: ‘Get rid of every liberal in government’
- Report: Man shot, killed over price of condoms at Detroit gas station
Be sure to check out our Headlines page to see what else our contributors are covering.