Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has been hearing people call for his resignation over what is perceived as his hiding of a tape that shows a Chicago cop pumping round after round into an unarmed black man. His solution? Hire the most anti-cop politician in America, Deval Patrick. (Has he dealt with his embezzling charges yet?) It is seen as a move to placate activists who are currently opposing him and challenging his mayoralty.
Patrick seems like a good pick for Emanuel. He is happy just to stand about and be window dressing for Emanuel and he has close ties to David Axlerod and Obama. Deval Patrick led Massachusetts through an eight-year failed governorship that was so bad he was replaced by a Republican. No mean feat in the bluest state in the union. Patrick started out as a community organizer, then became an NAACP lawyer, governor of Massachusetts and now police watchdog.
Here is a list compiled by Breitbart News of Patrick’s experience in law enforcement. (Do not read on an empty stomach) :
- On the sixth anniversary of 9/11, publicly referred to the genocidal terror attacks by Islamists that killed 3000 Americans as, among other things, “a failure of human beings to understand each other.”
- In 2008, he made robo calls for Roxbury state senator Dianne Wilkerson, who two months earlier had been photographed by the FBI stuffing $100 bills into her bra. When she was indicted for bribery, Deval called the charges “troubling.” After her release from prison last year, Wilkerson (Bureau of Prisons number 21757-038) tried to get a job at Boston 2024, the now-defunct outfit trying to bring the summer Olympics to Massachusetts. Boston 2024 had also planned to pay Deval $7500 a day to work as a lobbyist until the contract was reported in the Boston Herald. (No word from Chicago City Hall on whether the new “senior adviser” will be collecting a stipend.)
- In his final days as governor last December, he pardoned a number of criminals, including a former gang-banger named True-See Allah, who was convicted of attempted murder in 1989 for a shooting that left the victim paralyzed.
- Gutted the state’s Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Act, making it much more difficult for the public to learn the records of ex-cons. Patrick’s administration described the “new screening criteria” as blocking 57,029 attempts by citizens to obtain criminal records of ex-cons in the final 30 months of his term. This, the Patrick administration bragged, meant that the jailbirds’ bids for “housing, financial aid” etc. “were not compromised by the dissemination of irrelevant” rap sheets.
- Hired as a $150,000 assistant cabinet secretary a flamboyant, platinum-haired gay lawyer named Carl Stanley McGee. McGee was arrested in 2007 in Lee County Florida and charged with sexual battery of a 15-year-old boy in a steam room. The case was eventually dismissed, the Boston Globe reported, after “McGee paid a private settlement to the family of his alleged victim.” In 2012, Deval attempted to bring his friend back into state government, picking him to become executive director of the new State Gaming Commission. A public uproar ensued, and McGee was not appointed.
- In 2013, after the arrest of surviving Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Deval went alone in a chi-chi bistro in West Stockbridge named Rouge, where he chowed down on duck confit and Chardonnay. “I was actually quite drunk, by myself,” he told the Boston Herald.
- The next morning, after reading Tsarnaev’s jihadist suicide note, he went on CBS’ Face the Nation and lied that he had no idea of the motives of “those two young fellas.”
- Trivialized massive welfare fraud in Massachusetts as “anecdotes” and “leakage.”
- As an NAACP lawyer, once sued the state of Maryland for serving inmates in the maximum-security prison meals that he claimed were too cold and milk that was too warm. Also mentioned in his complaint underinflated basketballs and the fact that lifers had only one basket to shoot at.
- Gave $5,000 to the legal defense of convicted rapist Ben LaGuer, who was seeking a DNA test to prove his innocence, which he got, which proved Deval’s pen pal was… guilty.
- Fired his own chairwoman of the state’s Sex Offender Registry Board last year because she wanted the name of Deval’s brother-in-law, a convicted rapist, included on the list.
- On his watch a rogue chemist at a state crime lab admitted to falsifying 34,000 drug tests, leading to the mass release of scores, if not hundreds of convicted drug dealers, as well as payouts of tens of millions of dollars for false imprisonment.
- On his watch, state health officials failed to detect problems at a compounding pharmacy in Framingham that shipped out tainted steroids which, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), killed at least 64 people and sickened hundreds more.
- As soon as he became governor, Deval ordered the purchase by the state of a new Cadillac as his official vehicle, leading to one of his nicknames, “Coupe Deval.” Later he agreed to partially pay for the Cad. A few years later, when yet another new vehicle, a sleek $52,000 SUV, was purchased for his personal fleet, a “testy” Deval told reporters that the State Police had decided to upgrade his wheels, and that he had nothing to do with their decision.
- Was forced to fire his entire parole board, including his campaign driver, a former cop in his hometown of Milton, whom he had appointed chairman. The board had cut loose a killer doing three life terms for murder, after which the career criminal murdered a Woburn police officer during a jewelry robbery. The fired cop, who is black, was then hired as an $80,000-a-year “assistant to the vice president” of Bridgewater State University, whose president was also black. The college said they had been impressed by the cop’s work with the local NAACP.
- Deval was such a rabid supporter of racial-preference laws that even the ultra-liberal New Republic magazine wrote in 1994: “Rather than honestly confronting the costs of affirmative action, Patrick has blithely endorsed the most extreme form of racialism.”
- Despite degrees from both Harvard College and Harvard Law School, was unable to pass the bar exam until his third try. His lieutenant governor, Tim “Crash” Murray, also repeatedly failed the bar exam.
- Appointed a Democrat hack to an $87,000-a-year job as director of the Mass. Highway Safety Division, which is supposed to promote safe driving. She resigned after it was reported that she had 34 entries on her driving record, including seven accidents, four speeding tickets, one citation for driving without a license, and had failed on occasion to pay her local automobile excise taxes.
- Issued an executive order in August 2014 forbidding the Mass. State Police from asking illegal aliens about their immigration status. The new Republican governor has yet to rescind the order.
- Without legislative approval, Deval illegally diverted $27 million in state funds to off-budget accounts to pay for his junkets, I mean trade missions.
- Refused to release public cell-phone records of his lieutenant governor after “Crash” Murray wrecked his state car while doing 108 m.p.h. in his pajamas at dawn. After Murray was forced to resign, Deval then appointed the public safety secretary who stonewalled the press to a $159,000-a-year state judgeship.
Hopefully, Patrick can get this job complete before he has to answer for misusing $27 million in state funds when he was governor.
- Marilyn Mosby’s MOTHER Resigned From Police Force for Being a Drug Addict
- DNC-approved Black Lives Matter protesters chant death threats against police in St. Louis
- Police Announce Alerts as Black Lives Matter Calls for Killing Cops on 9/11
- Ferguson protesters: ‘The only solution is a Communist revolution’
- Black Lives Matter protesters: ‘Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon’