According to Rev. Ron Stief, executive director, of the National Religious Campaign Against Torture and a member of the Democratic Party Faith Council, white Christian males should apologize for terrorism, not Muslims.
“I’m tired of my Muslim friends having to be the ones having to stand up and say ‘hey we are not terrorists. It doesn’t have anything to do with our religion,’” he said at a four-person panel conducted at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday.
“If anybody should be saying that, that should be me, a white Christian man,” he added.
The Daily Caller added:
…The Daily Caller asked Stief after the event concluded to elaborate on his comments.
“If you look at the hate crimes that are being committed in this country and all the violence that is being done against Muslim people, Sikhs, folks of south Asian descent it is clearly white male Christians that are doing this kind of violence,” Stief said.
He added, “If anybody needs to be apologizing for violence in this country it does need to be American white Christians.”
But, Alex Pfeiffer, said, the data simply doesn’t support that claim, and Stief did not appear to back his statement up with any facts.
According to the FBI, there were 6,727 reported hate crimes in 2014, the last year for which such data is publicly available. The agency broke those down by various categories, including religion. Here’s what the FBI reported:
Of the 1,140 victims of anti-religious hate crimes:
- 56.8 percent were victims of crimes motivated by their offenders’ anti-Jewish bias.
- 16.1 percent were victims of anti-Islamic (Muslim) bias.
- 6.2 percent were victims of bias against groups of individuals of varying religions (anti-multiple religions, group).
- 6.1 percent were victims of anti-Catholic bias.
- 2.5 percent were victims of anti-Protestant bias.
- 1.2 percent were victims of anti-Atheist/Agnostic bias.
- 11.0 percent were victims of bias against other religions (anti-other religion). (Based on Table 1.)
Moreover, only 4.1 percent of the victims were Asians or Pacific Islanders. As the FBI reported, Jews were far more likely to be victims of hate than Muslims by a wide margin.
Yet we never hear of Jews going on a rampage killing people while shouting “Allahu akbar.” Why is that?
Pfeiffer also observed that blacks and Hispanics get arrested for violent crimes more than whites. Nevertheless, he added, Stief “pointed to slavery, lynching and ‘all places where torturing was a key component of life for whites against African Americans.’”
“If you go back in history you can double down on my claims ten times over,” he added.
Excuse me, didn’t we abolish slavery 150 years ago?
Apparently, facts mean nothing to liberals when it comes to presenting a narrative.
- Black Vietnam veteran shot for supporting Donald Trump
- Hillary Clinton: Muslims ‘have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism’ – Video
- Soviet flags fly proudly at DNC convention march
- ‘Ugly Betty’ star America Ferrera to DNC: America founded on diversity of sexual orientation
- ‘Reparations’ website asks white people to pay black people’s rent — and more — to relieve guilt