On Friday, Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla., perhaps the most unhinged member of the House, actually accused MSNBC host Martin Bashir of being a Tea Party collaborator for daring to question him over his egregious email comparing the Tea Party to the KKK.
Bashir, no friend of the Tea Party, actually agreed with some of Grayson’s false premises, but thought the comparison to the Tea Party was a bit much. And that didn’t sit too well with Grayson, who said Bashir was a collaborator for giving “someone like me a hard time for speaking out.”
Newsbusters’ Noel Sheppard provided a transcript of the exchange. The relevant portion can be seen below:
Bashir: The point I’m simply making to you is that, is it appropriate to use such heinous crimes and to analogize them when describing the Tea Party when you and I know members of the Tea Party have not perpetrated murders or lynchings.
Grayson: And the point I’m making to you, Martin, is that if you don’t speak out against it then in effect you’re collaborating with it. And in fact, if you give somebody like me a hard time for speaking out against it, then maybe you’re collaborating with it.
Video of Grayson’s comments can be seen below:
Remember, this is the Democrat who was called out for his false attack ad against his 2010 GOP opponent. As a result, Grayson was given a dose of his own medicine:
Grayson also got called out for his craziness on Twitter:
— Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) October 25, 2013
INSANE CONGRESSMAN Calls MARTIN BASHIR a ‘Tea Party Collaborator’ http://t.co/AUg7o8f9zy
— Dorsey (@dorseyshaw) October 25, 2013
Martin Bashir's now KKK? RT @lachlan Alan Grayson basically just accused Martin Bashir of being a tea party "collaborator." Aaaaaaaand scene
— Nino (@baldingschemer) October 25, 2013
It’s enough to make one believe Grayson really wants violence against the Tea Party.
- Dem. Rep. Alan Grayson falsely claims Tea Party could use violence like KKK
- Allen West schools Dem. Rep. Alan Grayson: Democrats created KKK
- Dem. Rep. Alan Grayson defends KKK-Tea Party comparison in email
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Ted Cruz racist for saying it’s great to be in America
- Democrat Alan Grayson: House GOP engaging in ‘legislative terrorism’
- Democrat Alan Grayson gets dose of his own medicine
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews falsely claims Ted Cruz wants insurrection
- Report: Ted Cruz stalker influenced by Democratic Party messaging
- Daily Beast contributor fantasizes about John McCain killing Ted Cruz in duel