Sources on Capitol Hill believe Members of Congress will soon be holding hearings on a bill called the Restoration of America’s Wire Act (RAWA), which would prohibit most forms of online gambling, including those that have been allowed under state law.
The two senators sponsoring the bill, long supported by Las Vegas casino magnate Sheldon Adelson, are Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Marco Rubio (R-FL). RAWA is supported in the House by Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT).
Enacting RAWA would counter the long-standing history of state regulation of gambling under the Tenth Amendment and the Constitution.
States have decided for themselves whether or not various forms of gambling are legal, including state lotteries.
- Address found at hacked Ashley Madison cheating site: ‘[email protected]’
- Obama propaganda poster spotted in Utah high school classroom
- Tulsa man found bound, decapitated; Police suspect suicide
- Jade Helm will not usher in martial law
- WH, NSC denies Obama told Netanyahu to unilaterally cease action in Gaza