CNN breaks ties with interim DNC chair Donna Brazile over Wikileaks revelations

CNN breaks ties with interim DNC chair Donna Brazile over Wikileaks revelations

14
0
SHARE
Brazile CNN

Brazile CNNOn Monday, Politico reported that CNN has severed ties with interim DNC chair Donna Brazile, saying it is “completely uncomfortable” with revelations made public by Wikileaks.  According to the leaked emails, Brazile shared questions with the Clinton campaign before a debate and a town hall.

According to Politico:

Hacked emails posted by WikiLeaks show Brazile, whose CNN contract was suspended when she became interim DNC chair over the summer, sharing with the Clinton campaign a question that would be posed to Hillary Clinton before the March CNN Democratic debate in Flint, and sharing with the campaign a possible question prior to a CNN town hall also in March.

In a statement, CNN spokeswoman Lauren Pratapas said that on Oct. 14, the network accepted Brazile’s resignation.

“On October 14th, CNN accepted Donna Brazile’s resignation as a CNN contributor. (Her deal had previously been suspended in July when she became the interim head of the DNC.) CNN never gave Brazile access to any questions, prep material, attendee list, background information or meetings in advance of a town hall or debate. We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor,” Pratapas said.

Politico added:

A CNN employee, speaking on background, suggested Brazile may have met the woman who was supposed to pose the question about lead poisoning during a service event planned the day before the debate.

Politico said that emails it obtained seem to indicate that Roland Martin, a TV One host who was co-moderating the Town Hall, may have been the source of the questions.

Related:

If you haven’t checked out and liked our Facebook page, please go here and do so.

And if you’re as concerned about Facebook censorship as we are, go here and order this new book:

Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad
Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad – Source: Author (used with permission)

SHARE
Previous articleAfter FBI announcement, early voters want to switch to Trump
Next articleSlaughter continues in Chicago, 17 dead over the weekend
A 10-year veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, Joe ran for a city council position in Riverside, Calif., in 1991 and managed successful campaigns for the Idaho state legislature. Co-author of "Banned: How Facebook enables militant Islamic jihad," Joe wrote for Examiner.com from 2010 until it closed in 2016 and his work has been published at Newsbusters, Spokane Faith and Values and other sites. He now runs the Conservative Firing Line.

Trending Now on Conservative Firing Line!